Digital healthcare and biomedical research makes it now possible to collect large amounts of health-related data: clinical and -omics data, data from biobanks, and digital footprints collected by individuals themselves. Algorithmic analysis of such data makes in turn personalized health possible: prevention, diagnosis and treatment of unfavorable health conditions will become more precise for the benefit of the individuals and population at large.
Such large volume health-related data require secure and adequate IT infrastructure for storage, computing and sharing.
For this, SIS builds Leonhard Med (website) as a central high performance computing infrastructure for personalized health data. Leonhard Med is a secure, fast, scalable and cost-effective large volume infrastructure dedicated to sensitive data (e.g. personalized health data).
Centered around Leonhard Med, we support the biomedical and personalized health research community of the ETH Domain with large volume data management, analysis, interoperability, sharing and security solutions for data driven biomedical research.
National Interaction & Collaboration
We coordinate and align with the:
- Personalized Health and Related Technologies (PHRT) (website)
- Swiss Personalized Health Network (SPHN) (website)
Education & Outreach
We are actively involved in teaching and outreach. Our focus is on the Management and Analytics Solutions for Personalized Health Data on Secure High Performance Computers:
- Practical Personalized Medicine Course (Competence Center Personalized Medicine) ) (website)
- Kompetenzzentrum Medizin - Ethik - Recht Helvetiae (MEHR) (website)
News & Events
- 19.10.2017, ETHZ >> talk @ MEHR (UZH/USZ): “Personalized Health in der Schweiz: Big Data, IT und rechtliche Herausforderungen“ (website)
For more information please contact Dr. Diana Coman Schmid